Saint Mary's College-Political Communication

Upper division Communication Studies course discussing politics from a communication perspective.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Talk Radio and Women

Here is a a collection of reactions from women commentators about talk radio.  The article title assumes as established that women in general do not like political talk radio.  I don't know if that's supported by data or not.  However, since it does touch on one of our core themes of women as political communicators, I thought I would post it.  Feel free to comment here or use as a topic for a post of your own.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with Marty York and her comment on why there aren't more women on talk radio. According to the Language Expectancy theory, women are more likely to be nurturing and calm when they express themselves, while men are more abrasive and combative. The world of talk radio, especially big names such as Rush Limbaugh, is a world of harsh comments, loud tones, and extreme theories (in my opinion). I don't listen to talk radio because I don't like confrontation just as most women, as Marty said, and I believe that politics is a subject that is constantly asking for a fight.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home